Friday 13 November 2009

Day 9 to 13th the Friday: Something to do, something to love and SOMETHiNG TO HOPE FOR.

these are what Allan K. Chambler called The Grand Essentials of Happiness. AND YES i'd done something i like with someone i like and hoping i could spend another happy day sooner! BUT how do we define happiness????? oh well we get different definitions from different people...
when i was young i would do anything just to have one single candy from the jar...when i started to go to school...i was happy enough when i did something to make my parents proud (so i could get more in return...hehe), impressed my teachers, mixed with the popular kids in school...being invited to birthday parties and blah blah blah...when i was in my teens i thought it was what i called 'happy' to do things without taking care of others' feeling cos i had got this 'attitude' (cool~~yeah right!) was i happy?? you bet!!
when i get older and begin to learn better things...i have no idea what would really makes me happy...something to do?? hhmmm...like a job perhaps or a hobby that would keep me engaged in pleasure...? yeah i did go to design school and worked in design firms. i have tons of hobbies from swimming (i cant swim~~) to stamp collecting...then i liked to draw, read and write, i love dollies would spend days making clothes for them...and nw im addicted to the internet...does surfing counts as a hobby?
something or someone to love...oh yes i have a loving family and bunch of great friends around me all the time. i love meeting new people but i didnt really know how to blend in (to be honest)..not until i worked as an intern when i was 18. cos that was when i started to met types of people from different status. i truly believe that they came across my life for reasons...for me to learn greater knowledge and wisdom i didnt have before. even those who had wronged me they remind me of the people who are always there for me no matter how bad things go.
and now im hoping for a more interesting life! a better job...a better way to live and A BETTER ME!! i had taken a big step forward by getting here...and im grateful i got to this stage cos trust me ten years from now, even i could still dream as i can now i may be time barred to achieve it. SERiOUSLY...im glad i did it before i changed my mind. i guess it's fine that i change my mind all the time because this is LiFE!
REMEMBER a journey may be forever changing...do something you LiKE to do not something you SHOULD. if you really wanna to do something that make others happy...make sure you do it because you like doing it!
life is too short not to do something that matters...we'll be too old before we know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment